If you're about to get a tattoo, be sure to do your research. Don't just walk into the first shop you see for a piece of body art that is going to be on your skin for a long time. As a matter of fact, be sure that you find the perfect artist, shop, and circumstances for your tattoo. Below are some tips to help you make the right decision when selecting a tattoo artist and shop for your tattoos.
1. Be sure that the shop is clean! Single use needles and ink cups, latex gloves, etc. are REQUIRED by law and the only way to ensure that you are getting the safest tattoo possible.
2. Tattoo artists can be persuasive people - don't get talked into a tattoo you don't really want. If you haven't made up your mind before you come in the shop, it is not the right time to get your tattoo.
3. If you have even a moment's hesitation about a shop after entering, leave. Your tattoo should be fun and comfortable, not pressured or unsanitary!
4. Make sure that the artist is capable of the artwork you want. There are hundreds of artists out there and there is one that does just the style of work that you're looking for.
5. Take excellent care of your tattoo after it is applied. The first few days are crucial to the survival of your tattoo and must be taken very seriously.
6. You are completely in control of your tattoo experience. If the artist places a stencil and it is too big, too small, or not placed correctly, say so. This is the point at which you can make changes. It's your own skin - get the tattoo you want!
Ready to talk to an artist about a tattoo? Don't hesitate to stop by one of Mario Barth's tattoo shops, find out more information about our artists, or contact us today to find out more about the piercing that you're interested in.